CMI, the consulting expert for investment funds
Since 2012, CMI has been working on over 80 business cases alongside fifteen investment funds through every step of their portfolio management process.
- Deal management
- Strategic due diligences
- Value creation with holding companies
- Exit strategy
Our pragmatic approach combines both analytical precision and a culture of thorough field research.
Our work relies on:
- The development of an investment thesis adapted to each business case
- Working in partnership with the teams in charge of the assets concerned
- Senior consultants’ strong commitment throughout the missions, especially when the contexts need a constant adaptation of the approach and the research.
- When needed, field consultation with our extensive network of technical experts and partners is deployed at both an international (United States, China…) and national scale.
- The production of deliverables which directly supports decision-making
CMI strengthens its Private Equity and Corporate expertise in IT, Health and Construction Industry sectors
This year allowed us to strengthen our expertise on three specific sectors : IT (editors, engineering and IT companies, telecoms/network), Health sector (pharmaceutical products, packaging, contractors) and Construction industry (services, real estate…). We also keep working with companies in the Tourism and leisure industry, Power and utility industry, Engineering industry (plastics, wood, aeronautics) & the Higher education sector.
CMI’S SCOPE OF ACTION
Before investment operations, CMI conducts intelligence research on specific sectors, allowing “go /no go” decisions to be made regarding the deals’ sourcing of our clients (search of acquisition targets).
We support investors – mainly Small or Mid Cap capital development funds – in evaluating their investment opportunities via our strategic due diligences.
- Analysis of market fundamentals, the underlying activities and their related risks.
- Examination of the target company’s competitive landscape.
- Evaluation of their business plan feasibility.
- Evaluation of all possible value drivers
Prior to the acquisition of equity shares, CMI supports clients in their diversification strategy as well as strategic positioning and the definition of sales and marketing approaches
We support investment funds in the definition and implementation of their exit strategy :
- Building a relevant and convincing equity story
- Vendor due diligence
- Preparation of documents supporting the sale process